You could be one step closer to financial health and well-being.
At Security 1 Lending, our goal is to give you the facts and figures you need to make an informed decision about whether a Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM), also known as a reverse mortgage, can give you the financial security you’re looking for.
You can get started in several ways:
- Use our Reverse Mortgage Calculator to see how much you could qualify for.
Reverse Mortgage Calculator
- Order your FREE Information Kit.
Get A FREE Information Kit
- Call us right now at 800.659.7971 to talk to a HECM Specialist, or click below to email us.
Contact Security 1 Lending
Key eligibility requirements for a reverse mortgage
- You must be 62 years of age or older.
- You must own your home and occupy it as your primary residence.
- You must stay current on your home maintenance and paying property taxes, required insurance and any homeowners’ fees.
- You must not be delinquent on any federal debt.
- You may be eligible even if there is a first or second mortgage on your home. In fact, a HECM may be used to pay off existing mortgages.
- You must meet income and credit requirements as part of a review of your credit history, cash flow and residual income.
The application process for a reverse mortgage
At Security 1 Lending, we’ll guide you through the process step by step and explain the options available to you for a Home Equity Conversion Mortgage without pressure and with no obligation. You may wish to separately consult a financial or tax advisor.
Here’s a quick overview of how the application process works:
+ 1. Learn
The first step is a one-on-one conversation. When you speak with one of our knowledgeable HECM Specialists, you’ll learn about our reverse mortgage products so you can decide whether this type of loan is right for you.
Call us at 800.659.7971 to talk to a Home Equity Conversion Mortgage Specialist right now.
+ 2. Meet with a HUD-approved counselor
In Step 2, you’ll speak directly with a HUD-approved counselor, who is not affiliated with Security 1 Lending. For free or at low cost, the HECM Counselors provide information to you about reverse mortgages either in person or by phone.
+ 3. Apply
Step 3 is the application process, where we’ll walk you through your application and answer your questions. We’ll analyze your incomes sources, monthly expenses and credit history. We’ll also carefully review all applicable fees and required disclosures with you.
+ 4. Provide required documents
In Step 4, your file enters processing. Here, we’ll gather additional information and documents from you, including a home appraisal and title report. Shortly after, our Underwriting team will review your loan application to ensure that your property and credit history meet U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) minimum standards.
+ 5. Close
Step 5 is about getting your signature and approval, closing on the loan, and receiving your funds. Once your paperwork is complete, we’ll schedule a signing date, time and place to finalize the documents and close on your loan. This can even be done in the comfort of your own home. Lastly, we’ll distribute your funds based on your preferred payment option.
Take the first step in changing your life for the better. Contact us today.